- Direct School Admission for Secondary One (2021 intake)
- MGS E-Open House
The MGS Heartbeat & School TourSoar with us as we showcase the distinctive MGS education experience, our CCAs and special programmes to nurture the MGS girl to "Master, Grow and Serve in every phase of her life.” Highlights: Interviews with MGS Alumna, Dr Melissa Tien (Class of 1996) and Ms Joscelin Yeo (Class of 1995) and exhilarating bird's eye view of our campus!
Stay connected with us
- MGS School Stories:
Highlights of the MGS Education Experience
- Parent's Briefing (Secondary)
- CCA Briefing Slides (Secondary)
- MGS Integrated Programme for Year 3 (2021 Intake)
- Congratulations, MGS!
- For Such A Time As This
- Home-based Learning (HBL)
- Student Learning Space (SLS)
- Getting Started with Parents Gateway: Onboarding Guide for Parents
- 2020 Life Hacks Video Contest
View the MGS Corporate Video
- MGS Store: Click here for attractive MGS memorabilia gifts!
- Loan of MGS Uniform One
- Useful Education and Career Guidance (ECG) resources for GCE O-Level students
Methodist Girls’ School comprises some 2500 interacting pupils and staff with a collective responsibility for sustaining a vibrant nurturing environment for learning and fellowship. To this end, the MGS School Rules have been drawn up to spell out some ways for the MGS community to work together to uphold the glorious tradition of the school motto: To Master, To Grow, To Serve.
Please familiarise yourself with the MGS School Rules, and reflect on how you will make your contribution as you “grow in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man” through the rich heritage and nurturing of the MGS community.
Absence From School
The MGS girl is expected to attend all classes and school activities organized for her. Failing to do so without valid reasons will constitute truancy.
Her absence must be covered by a medical certificate or a parent’s letter, both valid for the entire period of absence.
Absence From Assessment (Tests and Examinations)
A zero mark will be given for missing tests/examinations without a valid reason. The following supporting documents must be produced:
- A valid medical certificate
- Approved official documentation for representation in an inter-school or national competition
Prolonged Absence From School During Term Time
Permission must be sought from the Principal should there be an extenuating reason for a prolonged period of absence during term time. This should be done through an email from parents/guardians stating reason(s) for absence.
The Principal reserves the right to grant/deny permission for absence from school.