Financial Assistance Scheme
1. The objective of the Ministry of Education (MOE) Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS) is to help financially needy Singaporean students in Government and Government-aided schools to meet basic schooling expenses.
2. Student must be a Singapore citizen enrolled in a Government or Government-aided school and meets either one of the following criteria:
a. Gross household income (GHI) as at the time of application does not exceed $3,000 per month; or
b. Household per capita income (PCI) as at the time of application does not exceed $750 per month.
PCI = Monthly GHI / No. of members in the same household
3. Household members include the student, his/her parents, and unmarried siblings of the student, regardless of the address.
4. Grandparents and other dependents living at the same address may be included on a case-by-case basis. They include:
a. Relatives who are old or sick and are unemployed and dependent on the family; and
b. Child dependent (where the family is the legal guardian).
You may refer to the MOE FAS Pamphlet or click here for more information on the available schemes to support our Singaporean Students.
5. HOW TO APPLY?
1. Parents can obtain the hard copy Application forms from the General Office or school website here.
2. Parents can also apply via the link below :
You may refer to the eFAS User Guide for online submission.
6. Please note that application via hardcopy form is required for:
a. families with other dependents (Great grandparents, Aunties/Uncles, Cousins and others)
b. family with more than 5 children
c. family with more than 4 unmarried children
d. family with more than 3 grandparents in the household
7. If your child is a ComCare recipient, they need not submit the application for MOE FAS as MOE FAS will be auto-granted to ComCare beneficiaries.