Blue & Yellow Day
MGS 133 FDS
MGS Humanities Day 2020
200214 Post a Blessing
200122 - Pavlo String workshop
200116 P1 Pinic photos (1)
200102 P1 & P4 Buddy System
📰 MGeSprit: 2020 Volume 1 📰
Read the latest edition of MGeSprit
✨ Many Good Stories ✨
This special repository seeks to highlight good examples and positive stories about our MGS community in our school and beyond.
- 📺 In God We Trust by the MGS String Ensemble: A virtual ensemble project featuring Yet Not I but Through Christ in Me , MGS 2020 Theme Song & Reflection from Disney's Mulan by Sec 2-4 students
- Direct School Admission for Secondary One (2021 intake)
MGS E-Open House
The MGS Heartbeat & School TourSoar with us as we showcase the distinctive MGS education experience, our CCAs and special programmes to nurture the MGS girl to "Master, Grow and Serve in every phase of her life.” Highlights: Interviews with MGS Alumna, Dr Melissa Tien (Class of 1996) and Ms Joscelin Yeo (Class of 1995) and exhilarating bird's eye view of our campus
Stay connected with us:
Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
📰 MGS School Stories
Highlights of the MGS Education Experience
- CCA Briefing Slides (Secondary)
- Congratulations, MGS!
📺 For Such A Time As This
- 📺 2020 Life Hacks Video Contest
View the MGS Corporate Video
- 🛒 MGS Store: Click here for attractive MGS memorabilia gifts!
- Loan of MGS Uniform One
- Useful Education and Career Guidance (ECG) resources for GCE O-Level students
Methodist Girls’ School was founded in 1887 by Sophia Blackmore to establish a school for girls in Singapore. MGS is a full school: the Secondary School was granted independent status in 1989 while the Primary School remains an aided school.
The school motto `To Master, To Grow, To Serve’ sums up the school philosophy. Emphasis is placed on the mastery of what is important in life, such as intellectual, physical and social skills, and the development of morally upright, spiritually and emotionally mature persons who are dedicated to serving the community. The girls are encouraged to excel in academic and sporting endeavours, to give of their best in a nurturing environment. The values of excellence, godliness and love are imparted both formally and informally, through the culture of the school.
With the implementation of the MGS Integrated Programme (IP) in 2013 and the school continues to grow and expand to meet needs of our girls, we are pleased to invite trained and experienced teachers to apply to join the MGS family!
A teacher is expected to undertake at least one CCA and other school duties. Assignment of duties will be according to school needs matched with the teacher’s area of expertise and interests, wherever possible.
Applicants should enjoy the challenge of a dynamic educational landscape where teacher professionals take pride and ownership in designing curriculum to differentiate teaching to meet the needs of students with different abilities and learning preferences. We are looking for individuals who provide authentic learning experiences, engage students through the use of interactive and digital media, hone critical and creative thinking skills and inspire learning for 21st Century students.
We invite applications from those who possess the following:
- Professional Qualifications
- A relevant degree or equivalent and professional teaching qualification
- Good track record of preparing students for the GCE ‘O’ Levels
- Teaching experience in the Gifted Education Programme and/or Integrated Programme
- Teaching experience in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme or the GCE ‘A’ Level Curriculum
- Personal Attributes
- Good track record in current teaching position
- Passionate about education
- Highly adaptable and resourceful
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
If you can contribute actively to the MGS family, please email your resume to: email@example.com