Financial Assistance & Scholarships
MOE INDEPENDENT SCHOOL BURSARY (MOE-ISB)
- Student must be a Singapore Citizen
- Either the monthly Gross household income must meet one of the income criteria, Gross Household Income (GHI) or the Per Capita Income (PCI) criterion must be satisfied
Income Criteria & Benefits
From 1 April 2020 the revised benefits are as shown in the table below:
|Monthly Gross Household Income||Per Capital Income||Benefits|
|$2,751 - $4,000||$691 - $1,000||Subsidy such that student pays the equivalent of government and government-aided school (GGAS) fee^|
|$4,001 - $6,900||$1,001 - $1,750||Subsidy such that student pays the equivalent of 1.5 times GGAS fee ^|
|$6,901 - $9,000||$1,726 - $2,250||33% subsidy of school fees and miscellaneous fees|
1 Applicable for students enrolled in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme in Government-funded schools. Examination fees for GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ levels have been waived for all Singapore Citizen students in Government-funded schools from 2015.
^ GGAS fee comprises school fee, standard miscellaneous fees and maximum 2nd tier miscellaneous fees payable by Singapore Citizen students studying in GGAS.
**Need to only satisfy either the GHI or the PCI criterion. PCI is computed based on GHI divided by the number of members in the household (including parents, siblings and grandparents).
Students may apply for MOE-ISB throughout the year as exigencies of each family’s financial situation demand. The bursary granted will take effect from the month the application is approved and will not be back-dated to January.
With effect from 2019, active recipients of ComCare assistance could be directly awarded the ISB. Applicants need to provide a copy of the following with their ISB application form:
- a valid ComCare approval letter or LTA (also known as Public Assistance) card; and
- the Annex provided together with the ComCare approval letter.
All MOE-ISB approved will be valid till December of the year. Fresh applications will have to be submitted for each academic year.
Edusave Scholarships for Independent Schools (ESIS)
- ESIS (Y1)
- ESIS (Y3)
- ESIS (Yearly Award)
Music Elective Programme (MEP)
MOE UPLIFT Scholarship
- Singapore Citizens attending Independent Schools;
- Admitted to the school through Direct School Admission or qualified for the Edusave Scholarships for Independent Schools; and
- From families with gross monthly household income (GHI) ≤ $2,750, or gross monthly household per capita income (PCI) ≤ $690 (PCI = GHI divided by number of household members). (Note: these students qualify for 100% fee subsidy under the Independent School Bursary (ISB)).