Women with Global perspectives anchored on Godly values.
The Humanities Department offers History, Geography, Social Studies and Global Studies.
All students on the ‘O’ level track are required to take History and Geography at Lower Secondary and a compulsory Combined Humanities (Social Studies + History/Geography/ Literature Elective) at Upper Secondary.
All Integrated Programme (IP) students are required to take History, Geography and Global Studies at Lower Secondary and compulsory Global Studies at Upper Secondary. They can also opt to do History or Geography as a second Humanities.
The Humanities Department aims to :
- develop and nurture in students a passion for the Humanities
- engage students actively through the study of the Humanities so as to develop them into confident, self-directed, critical and reflective thinkers.
- equip students with the necessary knowledge, skills and perspectives in the humanities so as to make sense of a complex and dynamically changing world and to contribute actively and responsibly as global citizens.
Pedagogical Approach in the Humanities
- Parallel Curriculum Model
- Inquiry Based Learning
- Concept Mapping
- Socratic Questioning
- Paul’s Wheel of Reasoning