Every girl to be physically literate, in pursuit of excellence and a healthy lifestyle
We believe a high quality Health & Physical Education curriculum is an integral part of every girl’s total education in MGS, covering physical, social, emotional and cognitive development of a child.
It is the goal of the Health & Physical Education department to inspire our girls to be physically active and maintain a healthy lifestyle through:
- acquisition of fundamental movement skills, knowledge, competence and attitude to participate and excel in a wide range of physical activities
- provision of broad-based and balanced programmes for enjoyment and competitive sports to excel in
A physically educated MGS girl is able to:
- move competently and confidently in a wide range of physical activities
- take responsibility for her personal health and fitness
- exhibit positive personal-social character traits such as resilience, fair play, respect and sportsmanship when participating in physical activities
Components in the Holistic Assessment:
- Demonstration of Fundamental Movement Skills
- Application of Games/Sports knowledge
- Demonstration of values and attitudes
- Participation level
Refer to MOE syllabus here.